Friday, July 8, 2011

Sometimes my subconscience is smarter then my brain

I can't shake this feeling

I'm not even sure I can describe the feeling.
It's halfway between an itch and a shiver down my spine
It's sorta like a "something bad is about to happen", but more like "I forgot something big and will get in trouble for forgetting", and yet not at all either of those. It's less "I forgot to turn off the stove" and even more less "I'm going to get caught from cheating on that test". It's more that feeling the crafty detective in a 1940's noir film gets, the one that happens when the case falls too neatly together and he thinks he has the bad guy but the audience is screaming at him that it's the wrong guy.

Yeah, more like that.

It's like switching the radio in time to hear the last guitar strum of a song that you can't quite place
It's like when you wake up in the dark and you see an unfamiliar shadow and you can't place it and you're 95% sure it's not an alien or mass murder or giant freaking spider. Or when a friend says something that sounds truthful, looks truthful but you know is lie even though you can't prove it and you have no idea why they would lie about something little so it's probably not a lie.

Yeah that's the feeling.

It's settled in between my shoulder blades
I hope it doesn't stay there long

No comments:

Post a Comment