Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jess sets me Straight... Again.

Jess: What do you mean you don't believe in love

Sam: I believe in affection, I believe in brief obsessions, I believe in loyalty. But I've seen what people do and say when they are in love. People tear each other apart, inside and out, all in the name of love. They stay with someone that they have grown to despise because they don't want to hurt the one they love. People use love as a reason to be selfish, as a justification to hurt others just so they can be happy. People may fall in love but I want no part of it. I'll date, enjoy the flush of affection that comes with being with someone new and then I'll move on before either of us gets too attached. I'm only young once. I just want to be free.. for a while.

Jess: So if you don't plan on falling in love, how will you know if you want to be in a relationship with someone? If not love what do you feel?

Sam: Hmm. What's it s'posed to feel like? It's supposed to be like when you can't even see straight if you can't see them. When you can smell them, taste them, feel them, even when they aren't with you. When your blood cries out for their blood, like calls to like, every part of you has a reflection in them. When you're so drenched in them, when you can still feel them inside you, or around you,
when you can tast all their secrets.

Jess: .... see I would call that love

Sam: Dammit

No comments:

Post a Comment