Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hello waking world! I have returned

I've been meaning to blog for a while.
Well, I've been meaning to do a lot of things for a while.
Like pack.
Or job search.
Instead I've been semi comatose in my comfy little bed.

I've been sleeping around the clock, waking up long enough to take more medicine and then back to bed. I haven't even watched Buffy in the last four days.

Today was the first day that I finally believe the medicine Dr.Sutton gave is working and not just a virus that will gradually turn me into a zombie. Or maybe it is a virus that is suppose to turn me into a zombie but it turns out I'm immune.

Either way, I feel slightly like a human being again. Alive one, that is.

Having spent the last few days in bed has left me restless. And nervous. There has been some unexpected road work happening on my path of life and I'm not sure if I should wait till it's fixed or find a detour. Lying in bed for a few days doing lots of thinking but little doing has made me very restless indeed. However, I am restless with no energy.
So I made a blanket fort underneath the stairs.


It is perfect size for snuggling under my blanket and enjoying my new book that my mom was gracious enough to provide me with. It also makes me feel like a rebel for leaving my bed.
The stairs act as a perfect shelf for my hot tea, as long as Ryan doesn't knock it over accidently. In my blanket fort I am safe, isolated from the harsh world. I kinda of like it in here.

But as comfy as I have been in my little blanket fort I know I shall have to leave it soon. There is too much to do and I have already wasted too much time in bed. In a day or two I will be staying with the wonderful Andy who plays guitar and has great taste in movies and books. I'll get to visit with the lovely Lachelle and her hippie husband whenever I feel like walking the six blocks to their house. I'll get to see other cousins and friends too. And I'm excited, even if I don't have the energy to show that excitment.

I'm not sure what is going to happen next. Either way, I think it's time I left the safety of my blanket fort.



2 comments: