Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yoga, How I loathe thee

Every six months or so I think to myself "I should do yoga". So I go to one class and swear never to go again. For me, yoga is boring. Yes it stretches my body, yes I feel good afterwards, but I swear its the longest hour of my life. All the talk about breathing, opening your third eye, align your stars... Blah. The seconds tick backwards on the clock. Cara says its because I have no inner peace. I'm ok with that. I know that I have a passionate, violent soul. I like high energy, loud music, turbulence, work me until I collapse, exercise. Breathing and reaching for the moon while opening my fifth nostril does not fit in with those requirements.

But for six months or so I see people with fantastic bodies claim yoga is all they do, hear how good yoga is for the soul, and I start to forget how I detest yoga. ( this is called brainwashing ). So tonight was the end of another six months. So I geared up, and went to yoga at my local gym.

And was bored within the first four minutes.

But I'm not one to walk out of a class, so I stretched my body, participated in the warrior wishes he had a gun pose and proceeded to plan the tattoo I was going to get so I would never foget how much I hate yoga.

And then the instructor did this.. thing.. I swear her forty year old body had her legs resting on her head in the floating in the middle of the air. Ok, she wasn't flying, but she was bent backward with one leg over her head and twisting around her neck. I was so intrigued I fell out of my pose and onto my butt. The rest of the class went about the same boring class, but I made a decsion. I was going to suck it up and keep going to yoga until I could do that. I mean.. to bend your body like that? I could join Cirque du Soleil!

So, with that goal in mind.... Any one want to help soften my boredom in yoga and come with me??

1 comment:

  1. So if I lived in AZ I would totally be at yoga class with you. We could laugh and make fun of the people..aaa i mean the poses :) Love you

    ReplyDelete