Thursday, October 31, 2013

I dropped the ball on Halloween.
Again.
Second year in a row of being broke and overworked.
Kinda kills the creativity.

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. Most years I've gone all out. Hours of making costumes, for myself and for friends. Half the fun was in making those costumes, power sewing with the girls, picking out the perfect fabric and the satisfaction of when it all comes together. I was lucky, for the last couple of years I've had different groups of friends but all of them willing to dress up and have fun, I had an amazing seamstress who was willing to not only teach me but let us use all her machines.
 

 
I was lucky, and I was spoiled. There's not many things I miss about AZ but Halloween shenanigans is one of them. I think on some level I've been pouting, knowing that I didn't have the resources that I took for granted and not willing to settle for some half arsed store bought unoriginal costume. Apparently I'm a costume snob.
There's worse things.

So tonight is just a normal night. Well, a normal night plus hiding from trick or treaters, watching Dr. Who and pouting. Fix is sick and already in bed and

Oh, and I'm making plans for next year. Because next year there will be no pouting. Next year will be legendary.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your halloween wasn't as epic as those gone by. Hopefully next year will be better. Also, I changed my blog name from the aspiring RD plus 2 to the actualized RD plus 2. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete