Wednesday, March 20, 2013

In Need of Will Power

... And we fell off the wagon.

Well, I fell off the Whole30 wagon. Fix never really climbed on.

He loved the idea of it. We both got really excited for it. I did a ton of research on it.
Thursday I went and bought a bunch healthy and clean food and Friday we started the challenge. I enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner a lot more than I thought I would. Fix enjoyed them too, as well two slices of pizza.
He came home from work all sheepish "Sam...Blonde girl... I... I cheated. I'm sorry I'm weak. Pizza is my weakness...and I am weak..". He was forgiven of course, with the provision he stay away from naked, nubile blondes holding pizza. No need to test all the man's weaknesses. 
Saturday came and went, I enjoyed the food and was enjoying knowing that I was eating well, even though I wanted cheese on top of everything.
 Luckily Jocelyn agreed to act as my Whole30 sponsor, you know, to get me through the rough spots. I was feeling pretty good about myself. And then Fix came home.

"Umm. Sam... Pretty little thing... "
Yep. They had pizza at Harley for a second day in a row.

We did just find on Sunday. And Monday. But Tuesday was Fix's 28th birthday. And I'm back to working for the first time in a month and a half and working is hard and we went to Lestat's with his friends to celebrate and there was this apple cheesecake there. Just. Taunting us. The little cheesecake floozy just begged to be eaten, what with the container pulled back to show a little bit of golden crust and an apple topping, all glazed and sugary for a night on the town.

So Tuesday we didn't so much fall off the wagon as much as jumped head first into cheesecake.

Today we had resolutions. Shamefully climbed back on the wagon and kept our heads low. Ate our eggs mixed with spinach and olives and mushrooms. Ate our chicken with carrots and radishes. We even enjoyed the meals. (ps. everything. everything. should be cooked in coconut oil. all things. cooked in coconut oil. from now on).  But lunch was as far as we made it. We had stayed out way too late celebrating and I had hurt my back and spent the day in agony as I frantically tried to pass my EMD test (EMT training for dispatchers) and the idea of grocery shopping and then cooking made me dizzy with anticipated pain. So Fix came home to a mostly comatose Sam on the floor with a pillow under my knees.

He had my favorite sandwich and soup delivered, along with running to the corner store and picking up oreo's. Because I was hurting and that's how he takes care of me.

After, much later, we discussed a new game plan.
Similar to the first but with a little more leniency. I really enjoyed the recipes and all the coconut oil cooked veggies but Fix found it a little bland.  So I'm going to follow the Whole30 for about  95% of the time, while Fix is going to follow the paleo diet.  Maybe in a few weeks we'll have more will power and try it again. Maybe in a few veggie filled weeks we won't need to.

It's hard to be regretful when my belly is full of cookies and soup and I'm curled up on the couch in my closet by the sea. There's been a lot of changes in the last few weeks. My food habits can wait another week.




No comments:

Post a Comment