Friday, June 17, 2011

Decisions and Decisions

Three years ago Responsible me lured Reckless me into chains.
It was simple really
Responsible me promised Reckless me that if she put on those chains just for a teeny tiny short little while, there would be all the travels and adventures she could dream of. And money! There would be money because the traveling would happen in correlation with a job.
She might have also promised beautiful men with handsome accents
And chocolate

Just because she's the responsible part of me doesn't mean isn't still me. Crafty bitch

It's been almost three years now.

In the quiet of the day you can hear the metal cage creaking.
The shackles groaning.

Reckless me is desperate to get out.
The adventures, the beautiful men, the chocolate... they all seem to far away
Too out of reach.

Reckless me whispers in my ear nightly
Whispers tales of immediate adventure

And Responsible me has gotten thin and sickly from taking on too much at once
She tries to voice the logic of the situation
She has charts and graphs
But Reckless me has photos of from past adventures to draw upon
And photos are so much more interesting to look at then graphs

I've never liked graphs

In a surprisingly grown up discussion, The Boy and I discussed the future
Both OURS and THE future
He made a valid point
"If you flee now, you'll have to chew off your arm to get out of the shackles you've placed yourself in
Sure you'll be free,
But you'll also be with only one arm
How far can you get on one arm?"

Damn you logic

Responsible and Reckless are at a mexican stand off

And I am at a loss

1 comment:

  1. Always a retreat available for you in Colorado Springs...but gimme two weeks to get settled (and moved).

    ReplyDelete