Sunday, February 6, 2011

My little outdated phone finally died last week.
I dropped it one too many times. The Verizon guy actually asked me if I had thrown it under a speeding truck.
Poor thing. Although now that I think about it, it's the first phone that I haven't dropped in the bathtub. Hmm. Maybe I'm becoming more responsible.

So now I have a new phone and unlike all the other phones before it, there was minimum amount of swearing before fully understanding how to use the phone. Sometimes I hang up on people with my face, but otherwise I'm already a pro.

All my data was transferred. Except my saved texts. Texts that were saved whether through sentimental value or because they just made me giggle every time I read them. And even though I'm burying the phone, I want to save these texts. I'm notorious for not saving material items that should be of sentimental value, but I can't throw away words. I can't share all of them with you (cause I'm a lady) but I want to record the ones that made me happy hard enough that I couldn't erase them.

From Jocelyn:
"you have to read the Hunger Games. The main character's spirit reminds me soooo much of you! It's freaky"

From The Boy:
"A UPS bomb arrived today from amazon. It is ticking loudly on the counter"

From Tanner:
"Most kids my age get to say that their first album they ever owned was britney spears or backstreet boys. I get to say mine was weezers blue album. Thanks for being the cool sister and buying it for me for my tenth birthday"

From PJ:
"working until 6am? are you batman? you don't have to tell. Just blink twice if you're batman"

From PJ:
"Did you blink twice?"

From The Boy:
""

From Travis:
"I blame the preservatives in my fruit"

From Sully:
"saw a blog that reminded me of you. It's lovetheliberry.blogspot.com"

From Ryan:
"i've kicked three puppies today because of you. The end"

From Melynda:
"well looks like we're gonna have to be lesbians than...I can settle for being your wife"

From The Boy:
"Bodhi knows you should be home by now. He's been watching out the window for 45 mins"

From Sierra:
"you always seem so confident in everything. Even when you were a teenager. How do you not be self conscious?"

From Liz:
Awesome. But I want to wear it allll the time. Steampunk picnics, steampunk galas, slumber parties, girls night out... the library."

From Sierra:
just looked at your house pics on your blog... you know I turn 16 in two years and would make an amazing housemaid/happy little sister to live with :)

From Me:
Thanks squirt. But who knows where I'll be in two years. I doubt I'll still be living here.

From Sierra:
"oh I know. But I never said I wasn't against being a housemaid / happy little sister in Russia or Ireland :)"

From Me:
"How do you feel about third world countries? cold showers and big bugs? Cause that's more likely then not.."

From Sierra:
"I'd say.. see you in two years!"

No comments:

Post a Comment