Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quick update

Sorry for the radio silence. Moving, Holidays and overtime at work has left me completely uninspired to write and/or record the events of the last few weeks.

I'm sitting in our loft, on the floor because Qwest hates me and sent me a modem but not a wireless one. So I sit on the floor. I'm sitting between two TV's as well. Four males face me, screaming and yelling at the screens while they protect the world from the zombies that threaten to overrun us all. Based off their yelling, I think we may be safe for another day. Bodhi is sleeping through all of this, sleeping soundly on my foot. Jess is downstairs, working out. Her two pups, Raine and London are pacing around the house trying to figure out why everyone is yelling.

I love the new house. Love. Love. Love

It's full of people and dogs and noisy and quiet, it just depends on where you are in the house. I have a library. Folks, I HAVE A LIBRARY. And a living room. And a loft. Oh, and a master bedroom. As if I was running out of space. Give me another day or two and I will post all sorts of pictures that won't do it justice.


Oh, and I signed up for school yesterday. It was terrifying and frustrating and terrifying. Part of me is soo excited. Yay to be learning again. Yay to moving on to phase two of my five year plan. Yay to filling my days with productive activity. The other part of me is agahst. I just paid how much money?!? To go to school?! Why am I paying money to learn things? I have google. I don't need to learn things. And why is it all soo expensive?!

Breathe

I celebrated signing up for classes by going to lunch with the boy and friends and day drinking. Which turned into night drinking. Which turned into Sam worshipping the toilet.

That doesn't cover half of the things I need to catch up on. But I am le tired and slightly sick. I'm going to curl up in my chair in my library and read until my eyes close. Then let The Boy bring me upstairs into our comfy bed in our comfy room in our fabulous (and comfy) house.

Yeah, I think this year is going to be just fine.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be more happy for you! While the whirlwind of activity and change is always exhilarating, sometimes the quiet solitude of your own place can be the greatest victory. I am so happy for the fabulous dichotomy that exists in your world :)

    School..... what can be said. SUPER proud of you! Soon your 5 year plan will be realized and, just like me, you'll be off on your adventures around the globe.

    ReplyDelete