Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Check, Check and Check

The weekend was a success.

I managed to check off multiple things on my honey do list.


The Boy took off Saturday, bought me dinner and then the two of us made a nest of blankets and limbs and watched eight episodes of Sons Of Anarchy season 2. Seriously. In a row.

I slept for five hours and woke up to gunfire, which turned out to be my alarm.

I got to hang out with the always lovely Miss Erin, and because she's so lovely, she asked that we go rock climbing, which allowed me to check off two things on my list.

Home, nap. Then back to world waking. I lit candles, pulled out my comfy blanket, curled up in my comfy chair and started MockingJay.
And finished MockingJay. Six hours later.

I loved it, think it's brilliant and am completely irreparably damaged after reading it.

Since Jocelyn recommended the series to me this is completely her fault. Thanks a lot Jocelyn.

The Boy came home and I ranted about the book, he ranted about the book because he read it first because he's FOUR BOOKS AHEAD OF ME.
Except now he's only THREE books ahead of me. Slow and steady wins the race

Then I curled up against The Boy and dreamt of post apocalyptic worlds and motorcycle gangs. I mean clubs.

Woke up four hours later. Went to The Boy's Parents house and sewed. For hours upon hours.

Finished two costumes for Halloween. Four more to go. I love love Halloween. And I love sewing. Bodhi played with the other dogs and I babbled for hours and incoherently about my plans and ideas for more costumes. The Boy's mom just took it in stride and probably privately planned to buy me my own sewing machine for christmas.

Then the plan was to come home, nap again, wake up, work out and maybe get a started on my next book. Instead I came home, sat on the internet for three hours and THEN took a nap.

Stupid internet.

Now I'm up and not really motivated to work out. Because working out at home blows. And it's four am. And I am la lazy.

And besides, I've accomplished plenty this weekend.
And I'm anything but an overachiever.

1 comment:

  1. THEY'RE NOT A MOTORCYCLE GANG THEY'RE MOTORCYCLE ENTHUSIASTS

    ReplyDelete