Thursday, October 29, 2009

Great Expectations

I hate when I have internet problems. Going a week without internet makes me feel disconnected. And then when I finally have access once again I don't know how to start writing again. Or maybe that's just an excuse. I've found there are times when I write almost daily. Then there are times when it's hard to write once a week. I guess this is just one of those weeks.

I have officially clocked 40 hours of work at the new job. The job that has been my goal for a little over a year. The job that will supposably put me on the path to my dreams. The job that will allow me to make lots of money, go to school and enjoy what I do (somewhat). Don't feel pressured JOB, I'm sure you'll be great.

So what are my thoughts on the new job so far?

I like it. I haven't actually done anything yet, mostly just listening to 911 calls and studying the radio codes so I can super sneaky things like "The 101 is 10-17" or "Yeah, I'm Code 4 thanks to the 647T". Wait, I think that last one says I'm ok thanks to the transit. Err. Like I said, I'm still learning.

But it's exciting. The calls are interesting, sometimes exasperating and sometimes heartbreaking. This job may make me lose my faith in people, but that was waning anyway.

I know it will be hard. And it will be stressful. But that's ok. It's been a while since I've really felt challenged by something. It will be good for me.

Plus the paycheck will rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment