Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Life, or Something Like It

The last few months it feel like the theme has been "catch up" or maybe "procrastination".

Paying bills, just barely.
Getting errands done, the last possible day.
Making big decisions, on the fly.

Oh wait, that one is pretty normal for me.

I keep telling myself that I will be more organized.
That I will I make a five year plan and stick with it.
Or stick close to it.
Or at least walk in the general direction of it.

Part of the problem is that Fix is just as restless and adventurous as I could desire. Actually, that's not a problem at all. Well, it's kinda a problem for my bank account. And my obligations. And the whole being responsible thing. But relationship-wise? Not a problem at all. A bonus even.


But maybe procrastination and catching up and being broke but owning awesome toys and crazy memories is what being in your twenties is all about. It's like being a teenager, but with a paycheck to fund your adventures.

Or maybe I'm just really irresponsible.

Yet not that irresponsible. Because my bills are still paid. And the errands are still accomplished. And the decisions... are mostly ignored.

*Shrugs* I'm not complaining. Life has been fun the last few months. There have been roadtrips, danger, laughing, excitement, stupidity, late night talks, new friends, old friends showing up again... and possibilities. New possibilities that I never imagined and a few that maybe I'm just starting to find the courage to embrace.

1 comment: