Thursday, April 8, 2010

What would Freud say?

I didn't get up early to work out like I normally do
Because I dreamed of you.

And I wanted to enjoy those few moments with you.

I haven't thought of you in months. Haven't dreamed of you in months. And then you have the audacity to take over my dreams like you belong there.

Which you don't.
I dreamed that you showed me your new house. It was elegant and tasteful and nothing like the houses I've seen you live in. You showed me your room and it was covered in your paintings, which is exactly like the rooms I've seen you live in.

On the floor of your bedroom, kicked in a corner, was lingerie. My waking mind flashed to a unknown females face. My sleeping mind made the lingerie disappear. I didn't want realities, I wanted the comfort of you. I wanted to pretend, just for the length of the sleep button.

You smiled. Not a smirk, but a real smile. You were happy. Really happy. And you cupped my face and uttered words that my ears used to ache to hear. "I miss you".

And I was happy.

But instead of replying with a lingering kiss which is what I always dreamed of before,
I stepped back and said regretfully,

I'm sorry. I have a country to explore.

1 comment: