Monday, February 22, 2010

The Waiting Game


I find myself walking on a fence

Thanks to this wonderful economy, there is a possibility that I may be laid off. I should know by the 14th of March. Either way I'm planning on drinking lots and lots on St.Patrick's Day, whether it's in celebration or despair.

What's worse then being laid off?
Not knowing if you will be laid off.

I can't make plans. How can I buy a plane ticket to visit my favorite people in D.C. when I don't know if I'll still be in Arizona in a month? How can I plan which concerts I want to see when I don't know if I should be saving every extra dollar? (who am I kidding, I don't know how to save).

I can't buy things. I really want a new vehicle. Miss Havisham has a new perfume which smells suspiciously like burning. So a new set of wheels it is. I'm torn between a pretty motorcycle and a pretty jeep. Seriously. I've wanted a motorcycle for so long but I everywhere I look I see jeeps. And I believe in signs. And jeeps. But I don't dare spend the money because WHAT IF I GET LAID OFF!

I just need to know. I'm good on my feet, if I lose my job I will find a way to deal. I'm good at dealing. And if I'm going to keep my job (please oh please) then I can move on with my life. But this waiting.... well it's worse then dieting. I would rather give up chocolate then keep waiting.

Wait.
Do you think the gods would accept me giving up chocolate as a sacrifice?
Cause I'll totally burn chocolate on an alter while dancing and chanting in an bastardized version of latin.

So here I am, balancing on this fence, unsure which way I'm going to land. Or fall.
How did I get on this fence? I want down!

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know I am a practiced and talented job hunter if that is the side of fence that claims you. I hope it doesn't but if it does then I'd be more than happy to help you on the next job quest. PS you always have the title 'friend' in my book. Years of silence can't take the memories away. besides we even went to a dance together where we got to take pictures with a fighter jet and that is like friendship duct tape ;-)

    ReplyDelete