Monday, December 28, 2009

Updates For Everyone

Quick update:

Christmas was good. Lots of presents were had. Lots of drinks consumed and many hands were bruised thanks to a fabulous game called Slamwich.

Then four days off from work. Which was also good. I learned exactly how awful I am at Xbox games. I also learned that The Boy is very patient.

But most importantly- Jackson entered my life. Jackson was given to me in a shiny box with an apple on it. He's from a distingushed family of itouches. It's been a songless year since Timmy died and to be honest I wasn't sure I was ready to replace him. It's been a year since I've had an ipod and I really thought that I was ok without one. I listened to the radio or Pandora at the house. Jackson has been in my life for four whole days and I swear I will never be without some form of ipod ever again. The happiness he brings me is without equal. Listening to The Cold War Kids while shopping for books = heaven.




It was weird to realize that I've been at my "new" job for three months now. It was also weird to realize that despite the stress and overall insaneness of the job I really do like it. My schedule changes every two weeks so my social life has been limping along but I love that it keeps changing. When I've worked 9-5 Mon-Thur type jobs before I would feel claustrophobic. As of Jan 4 we switch to three 12 hour shifts a week. Which means 4 days off a week. Which totally rocks my world.

The downside of all this fabulousness? I'm making oddles of money but I'm also spending oddles of money. Saving does not appear to be in my vocabulary.

I'm really hoping this 2012 stuff is real. Cause I doubt I'll have any kind of savings set aside. If I ever have to depend on what I've saved in order to buy food, I'll starve. Unless Jackson happens to double as food.

PS. Mckenna and Ryan are in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment